Before applying for any of our vacancies please read these guidelines:
Learning Support Mentor, proficient in BSL to start as soon as possible.
32.50 hours per week to support a child with communication needs including personal care.
8.30am to 3.30pm Monday – Friday. Level 3.
We are looking for candidates who…
- Can make learning an enjoyable experience
- Are keen and excited about supporting a curriculum that is creative, innovative and tailored to needs
- Enjoy being part of a committed team.
- Have had experience of working with children with additional needs.
LSM- temp until July 2023 with a focus on a child with ADHD
22.5 hours per week
8.45am to 1.15pm Monday – Friday. Level 2.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Love making learning an enjoyable experience
- Are Positive and enthusiastic and find a positive in all situations
- Are keen and excited about supporting a curriculum that is creative and innovative and tailored to the needs of all children
- Enjoy being part of a committed team
- Have had experience of working with individual or small groups of children and taking the lead in activities
- Are able to organise tasks and set boundaries
- Supporting other adults and children
- Undertake Record keeping and assessments as required
- Explain tasks simply and clearly and foster independence
- Supervise children, and adhere to defined behaviour management policies
- Accept and respond to authority and supervision
- Work with guidance, but under limited supervision
- liaise and communicate effectively with others
- Demonstrate good organisational skills
- Reflect on and develop professional practice
- Can be self-directed and use initiative
- Have good IT skills
If you feel that either of these jobs could be for you…
Application forms and further details for are available from below. Please state which role(s) you are applying for on the application form. Please also provide a covering letter.
We provide a full induction programme and are committed to your further professional development.
Visits to the school are positively encouraged. We guarantee a warm welcome!
Closing date: Thursday 6th October 2022 @10.00am
Interviews: Wednesday 12th October
Mayfield is committed to safeguarding and promoting the well- being of all children and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment
Our Deaf Support Centre is advertising for teaching assistants – please see their advert HERE
Mayfield and other local schools advertise their jobs via EPM so please check their website regularly EPM Website
Mayfield Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.