Before applying for any of our vacancies please read these guidelines:
We are looking for two teachers to cover maternity absences:
- We require a full-time teacher for a KS2 class starting after Easter, for the duration of the maternity cover.
- We require a full-time teacher for a Foundation Stage class starting after Easter, for the duration of the maternity cover.
Mayfield Primary School is a large and successful primary school on the north side of Cambridge City. We have excellent results, a strong international feel and a reputation for being welcoming to all. Our intake is very diverse which is something we celebrate; through meeting the needs of each individual learner we help them achieve their personal best. We enthusiastically promote learning out of doors and use ‘Spirals of Inquiry’ as part of our approach (A framework for transforming learning in schools: Innovation and the spiral of inquiry: Helen Timperley, Linda Kaser and Judy Halbert, Centre for Strategic Education, 2014).
Newly qualified and experienced teachers are welcome to apply.
As an employer, we offer a very supportive working environment with excellent professional development opportunities. Many of our teachers go on to school leadership roles.
We are looking for teachers who are:
- inspirational, with a thorough understanding of high quality teaching and learning
- committed to inclusion
- self-motivated, enthusiastic, willing to learn and can manage their time effectively
- able to work closely with other staff, both individually and within teams, and with parents and governors
- excellent communicators
Application forms and further details are available below.
We encourage visits to the school, but this is subject to current Covid restrictions. But do look at our website and our Twitter page @mayfieldcambs
Closing date: 10.00am on Thursday 27th January 2022
Interviews: Thursday 3rd February 2022
Mayfield and other local schools advertise their jobs via EPM so please check their website regularly EPM Website
Mayfield Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.