Before applying for any of our vacancies please read these guidelines:
Learning Support Mentors x 4
We are pleased to be able to offer the following Learning Support Mentor (LSM) positions.
Position 1: LSM Level 2. 30.42 hours per week (Monday- Friday 8.45am – 3.20pm) to include some lunchtime supervision. Temporary in the first instance until July 2024. To support children with various needs across the week. Initially this will be with lower Key Stage 2 but this could be changeable.
Position 2: LSM Level 2. 30.42 hours (Monday- Friday 8.45am – 3.20pm) to include some lunchtime supervision. Named child contract working with a Key Stage 1 child with ASD.
Position 3: LSM Level 2. 16.65 hours (Monday- Friday 12.00 noon – 3.20pm) to include some lunchtime supervision. Named child contract working with a reception child with ASD.
Position 4: LSM Level 2 Maternity Cover. 30.42 hours (Monday- Friday 8.45am – 3.20pm) to include some lunchtime supervision. Focussing on children with various needs across the week. This will be with Year 5 in the morning and Year 1 in the afternoon, however, this can be changeable.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Love making learning an enjoyable experience
- Are Positive and enthusiastic and find a positive in all situations
- Are keen and excited about supporting a curriculum that is creative and innovative and tailored to the needs of all children
- Enjoy being part of a committed team
- Have had experience of working with individual or small groups of children and taking the lead in activities
- Are able to organise tasks and set boundaries
- Supporting other adults and children
- Undertake Record keeping and assessments as required
- Explain tasks simply and clearly and foster independence
- Supervise children, and adhere to defined behaviour management policies
- Accept and respond to authority and supervision
- Work with guidance, but under limited supervision
- liaise and communicate effectively with others
- Demonstrate good organisational skills
- Reflect on and develop professional practice
- Can be self-directed and use initiative
- Have good IT skills
- Have had experience of working with children with additional needs and or medical needs.
If you feel that this could be you…
Application forms and further details are available below.
Please also provide a covering letter and state clearly which role(s) you are applying for.
We are committed to your further professional development and induction programme. Medical training will be provided where needed for the right candidate.
Visits to the school are positively encouraged and you are also encouraged to book some time to speak with a member of the Inclusion Team to find out more about the role. We guarantee a warm welcome!
Closing date: Monday 30th October 10.00am
Shortlisting: 3rd November
Interviews: 13th/14th November am
Mayfield and other local schools advertise their jobs via EPM so please check their website regularly EPM Website
Our Deaf Support Centre are looking for Teaching Assistants – please see their advert HERE
Mayfield Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.