For full details of how to apply for places at Mayfield Primary School, please see the Cambridgeshire County Council website Cambridgeshire County Council Admissions Information Website
We are holding an open morning for prospective Reception 2020 parents on Thursday 7th November 2019. You are very welcome to come and look around the school and speak with the senior leadership team and the foundation stage teachers. More information is HERE.
By law, children start school at the beginning of the term after their fifth birthday. In keeping with Cambridgeshire County Council policy, we offer education from September 2019 to children who will be turning five in the 2019/2020 academic year. We offer full-time education from September 2019 to any child for whom this is educationally and socially appropriate.
We admit pupils according to the Cambridgeshire County Council procedure:
- Children who have a statement of special educational needs that names the school will be admitted. NB Those children with a statement of special educational needs that does not name the school will be referred to Student Assessment to determine an appropriate place.
- Children in care – also known as Looked After Children (LAC)
- Children living in the catchment area with a sibling at the school at the time of admission
- Children living in the catchment area
- Children living outside the catchment area who have a sibling at the school at the time of admission
- Children living outside the catchment area who have been unable to gain a place at their catchment school because of oversubscription
- Children who live outside the catchment area but nearest the school as measured by a straight line
In cases of equal merit in each set of criteria, priority will go to the children living nearest the school as measure by a straight line.
Children arriving during the course of the academic year are admitted according to the same criteria. Parents should contact the school office and make an appointment with one of the co-headteachers to discuss admission.