Welcome to our PTA Page!!
Our new committee:
Becci Lilley – Secretary
Henny Priest – Co Chairperson
Bryan Woolgar-O’Neil – Co Chairperson
Tim Beard – Treasurer
Do approach any of us around to school to find out how you can get involved.
What is a Parent Teacher Association (PTA)?
A Parent Teacher Association (PTA), is an organisation of parents and staff. PTAs are best known for their fundraising work, but they have a useful social function too.
How is money spent?
Funds raised by the PTA are intended to provide ‘extras’ not already provided by the school’s main income – often ‘fun things’ that make learning more interesting and exciting. The PTA committee and the headteachers decide how to spend PTA funds. Ongoing school events that the Mayfield PTA support; Christmas presents for classes; refreshments for all children at sports day; Year 6 Leavers books and T-shirts; books as prizes for the Reading awards. We normally have a long term goal, for example the outdoor learning classroom and refurbishment of the school pool, and shorter term goals such as new reading books or new coding resources.
How can I help?
If you’d like to get involved we would love your help. Please email us at email@example.com
Getting involved doesn’t just mean being on the committee – we’d love to hear from you if:
- You could help us on an ad hoc basis (e.g. at events or on specific projects) or;
- You feel you have skills that would benefit the school or;
- You could help promote our activities to other parents in your year group or;
- Your employer would give you time off to volunteer at the school, the PTA is a registered charity after all! or;
- Your employer could contribute to the school as part of their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) policy (such as donating a hamper prize, classroom supplies like glue sticks, or outdoor supplies like sand/paint/gardening equipment).
If ANY of this applies to you (or you want to ask us anything) please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What does being on the COMMITTEE MEMBER of a PTA involve?
- Attends PTA meetings
- Gets involved in planning and running events
- Runs smaller projects
- Encourages participation and enthusiasm for the events organised by the PTA
We’re looking forward to working together and hope you can be part of what we’re doing with the school.