Mayfield School Dress Code
We encourage all families to follow the dress code.
- Plain dark blue or logo sweatshirt or cardigan
- Plain blue or white polo shirt, T-shirt, /shirt/blouse or logo polo shirt
- Plain dark trousers/shorts/skirt/pinafore/leggings or plain dark jeans
- Blue/blue & white striped/ gingham dress
- Plain black or dark colour flat shoes with good grip and support
- Indoor shoes (Y3 to Y6) – slippers, crocs, plimsolls. Comfortable clean footwear, to be worn inside only.
- Wellies – Reception, Y1 and Y2 children should have wellies for outdoors and their normal school shoes for indoors. All other year groups should have indoor and outdoor shoes which can include wellies if they wish.
- Dark shorts
- White plain vest or T-shirt
- Change of footwear – plimsolls or trainers
- Plain dark track suit (colder weather)
- Named PE bag
- Swimsuit and towel (summer term)
Swimming/PE bags available to purchase from school office
Uniform Rules – mandatory
- Please be aware that for health and safety reasons only fully enclosed shoes (ie no open toes or sling backs) are allowed on the outdoor wooden play trail. If you know your child likes to play on this equipment please make sure they have shoes or trainers in school.
- Watches – only for Y1 and above
- Long hair should be tied back
- NO jewellery – only exception pierced ears with studs that can be easily removed for PE
- NO bare shoulders/midriffs (crop tops)
- NO football or sports branded strip
- NO micro skirts
- NO platform or high heel shoes
Please ensure that all clothing and personal property is clearly named.
Items of school uniform embroidered with the Mayfield logo can be purchased online direct from our suppliers:
An easy way to get great value school uniform in the school colours, complete with embroidered logo. Home delivery within approximately 7-9 days
(A 5% donation is made to the school for every purchase made with MyClothing.com)
Formed over 20 years ago to fulfil the needs of the schoolwear market with a standard of service not experienced in the past. Brigade are market leaders in the school uniform sector with thousands of happy customers!
Items without the school logo are available from many supermarkets and department stores.
Please remember to label all clothing with your child’s name using a laundry pen or name tapes. Mayfield receives some cashback on purchases from the company below: